Macau being the epicenter of gaming in Asia, it is natural that DSL Lawyers has a long standing involvement with the industry. The DSL team has been retained to assist since the incorporation and subsequent Government approval of one of the three gaming sub-concession contracts.
DSL also acted as the Macau advisor to the listing of two of the local operators with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
DSL has been advising several of the suppliers, solution providers and distributors operating in the gaming area.
In the hospitality industry, DSL has advised several of the main hotel operators in Macau, being involved from the early stages of management agreements or JV setting-up to the equally complex operational stage, advising on licensing and operational requirements, employment matters, regulatory and compliance and other legal issues relevant in the daily operation of a Hotel or F&B Outlet in Macau.
- Advice on regulatory matters
- Licensing of gaming software and systems
- Gaming promoters licensing and advising of gaming promoters
- Listing of casino operators in Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advising on Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Project financing, including incorporation, capital raising, loan agreements and provision of securities
- Background checking and due diligence on employees, vendors, gaming promoters and other operators
- Casino debts enforceability and litigation